Useful Resources and Websites
WEB-BASED PARTNER NOTIFICATION TOOLS:
The Drama Downunder
This national testing and treatment campaign for homosexually active men includes an email or SMS partner notification service and referral information for testing sites. Patients can also sign up for SMS or email reminders for their next sexual health check. It is managed by the Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations (AFAO).
Let Them Know –
This website helps people diagnosed with chlamydia inform their sexual partners by email or SMS, and provides tips on how to have the conversation in person. It was developed by the Melbourne Sexual Health Centre.
ALLIED ORGANISATIONS AND RESOURCES:
Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine, RACP
• Includes clinical services and training.
Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM)
• Provides clinical guidelines, resources and training.
Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations (AFAO)
• Provides education, policy and advocacy.
Australian Injecting and Illicit Drug Users League (AIVL)
• Provides education, policy and advocacy on issues related to people who use or have used injecting or illicit drugs.
Family Planning Alliance Australia
• Provides contact details for Family Planning in each state and Territory
• Provides a series of patient factsheets on a range of sexual health topics
Federal Privacy Commissioner
• Performs functions covered under the Privacy Act 1988, which regulates the way in which personal information can be collected, how it is kept secure, and how it is used and disclosed.
HIV, Hepatitis & STI Education and Resource Centre
• Online resources and factsheets.
Multicultural HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C Service (MHAHS)
• Provides clinical support (in NSW only), community development and education and media services.
National Association of People Living with HIV/AIDS (NAPWHA)
• Provides education, advocacy and policy.
The Kirby Institute
• Up-to-date Australian surveillance data and reports.
National Management Guidelines for Sexually Transmissible Infections 7th Edition
• Provides a concise and current reference for the recommended treatments for Sexually Transmissible Infections
National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance (NNDS) – Department of Health
• For information on nationally notifiable diseases.
Download Australian national initiatives from the Australian Government Department of Health:
• Third National Sexually Transmissible Infections Strategy 2014-2017
• Seventh National HIV Strategy 2014-2017
• Fourth National Hepatitis C (HCV ) Strategy 2014-2017
• Fourth National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Blood Borne Viruses and Sexually Transmissible Infections Strategy 2014-2017
• National Drug Strategy
State and Territory Guidelines
WA Guidelines for Managing Sexually Transmitted Infections
• The guidelines deal with the syndromic approach to STIs, as well as management of the notifiable STIs and a range of non-notifiable STIs
State and Territory Specialist contact tracing services
• Victoria: Partner Notification Support Unit: 03) 9096 3367
• NSW: NSW Sexual Health Infolink: 02) 9382 7681
• Queensland: HIV Public Health Team: 07) 3328 9797
• Northern Territory: Clinic 34: 08) 8999 2410
• Western Australia: Partner Notification Officers 08) 9222 8577
• South Australia: Clinic 275: 08) 8222 2523
• Tasmania: Tasmania Health: 03) 6166 0655
• ACT: Canberra Sexual Health Clinic: 02) 6244 2184
Qld- 1800 032 238