Primary care evaluation
The following is a checklist that can be used to evaluate contact tracing in primary care.
1. Contact tracing discussed with all index patients diagnosed with:
- Viral Hepatitis
2. Health care provider is aware of and offers a variety of methods of contact tracing where appropriate:
- Verbal counselling
- Links to websites
- Other resources such as information handouts on STIs
- Contact letters
- Contact tracing by doctor or practice nurse
- Referral to specialist contact tracing or other service
3. Health care provider checks on progress of contact tracing when index patient next seen and offers further assistance if required.
4. Repeat testing at 3 months post treatment is offered to patients who have had chlamydia. If tests are again positive, consideration is given to more intensive contact tracing counselling.
5. All clients attending as contacts of chlamydia, gonorrhoea, early syphilis or trichomoniasis are offered both presumptive treatment and testing.